The now legendary Multilband HF antenna designed by DG7PE needs a tuner (or a 9:1 UNUN balun) to function correctly on all bands between 6 to 80 Meter. Used correctly it will perform with very good results. We have tested the Multiband HF antenna with the following automatic antennatuners : AH4, SGC-230, SGC-239, SGC-235, CG-2000, CG-3000 and the following transceivers with builtin tuners: QRP-Trcvr ´KX1`, Icom IC-703 & IC-7400, but it should work with most others aswell.
"Antenna in action"
- low price
- Overall length of approx. 2.62 meters (2-parts) / 1.31 - 3.83 meters (3-parts)
- Spilts into 2 or 3pieces for easy storage
- No adjustments needed to the antenna (specially good while driving)
- Special design allowing functionallity on all bands 80-6m (depending on model) with tuner or balun
- 3/8 mount (DV-adapter & PL259 as option)
- Power rating . max. 250 Watt SSB
- Can be used together with a special 9:1 UNUN balun (now availble) as a base antenna, but sometimes you also need a ferrite toroid for a better SWR.
- Vertical polarization
- Low angle take off on the higher bands (Better DX)
Advantages of the innovation
Since 2008 each part of the antenna is produced in Germany. Each connector is now in 3/8 and pure brass , that is why we were able to produce a 3-parts antenna. The outcome of this are further advantages:
- The size of each element of the 3-parts antenna is less than 1 meter
- Better radiation on 80 and 40 meter with the 3-parts version
- The 3-parts antenna can be used also only with 2 parts for 6 to 40 meters
- The top part of the 3-parts and 2-parts antenna can be used also for 6 and 10 meters
"Internal view of the antenna wire & coils"
10 meters up to 80 meters: 5x Sm 6xLa 11xOz 4xOn 10xG 15xLx 10xFr 22xIT 12xEA 8x Pa 7xOe 2xCt 5xOk 3x SN 3xEi. Furthermore Israel, North America, Australia VK7b (S5 on 20 meters), Beirut - Lebanon (on 40 meters with 5-9), South Africa, Sapporo - Japan (with S5 on 20 meters). In addition: 15. December. 2005 15,00 of our time on 20m Minsk with 5-9 and Alabama with 3,5 while driving. On 16.12.04 mobile qrp with IZ7ECB on 20m with 5-7.
These QSO´s (contacts) took place all during travels in the Dahner rock area under difficult conditions, so in an area with many medium high mountains (approx. 300-500 m above sealevel) and during sunspot minimum.
2-parts version with new connectors |
"All models are also availble in white"
This antenna and all other designs by DG7PE are distributed in Scandinavia and Baltic states exclusive by qth.nu.
For more info and prices contact us.
© 2007, Design: magsinet.com